• Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,332

whoru007

Human
ISP
Virgin
Hi,
I have one confusion...!!!

Is it possible to connect network like this? If yes than please explain me how to?

Also can it also work for Wireless n/w??

yes u can... enable pppoe mode on router... enable DHCP....and that shud be all.

I have two questions,1. Do I need to purchase extra switch or so.. Also suppose if PC with 192.168.1.11 is off but Switch is On will network connection work.2. The Internet Speed will be divided initially or at the time of parallel downloads only?

I have two questions,

1. Do I need to purchase extra switch or so.. Also suppose if PC with 192.168.1.11 is off but Switch is On will network connection work.

2. The Internet Speed will be divided initially or at the time of parallel downloads only?

1. If your existing modem does not have a 4-port switch in it, then yes, you will need to buy a switch or a modem/router that does have a switch in it - better still, buy one with WiFi included as well if you want that.

2. Internet speed will not be divided equally - since there is no intelligent routing going on, each computer will just use "whatever it can get".

In that case, one computer could easily saturate the available bandwidth which *may* cause problems for the other 3, however you could set your bittorrent/download manager software to limit how much it is allowed to use, so that some bandwidth is available to the other computers even if one computer is downloading something.

Back