Is it possible to use two connections at once?

• Thread starter Thread starter nimbuz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,784

nimbuz

Regular
ISP
MTNL 849NU - 2.1 mbps
Hi,I have subscribed to Hathaway unlimited plan yesterday and I'm planning to keep MTNL as well. Can I use both connections simultaneously, like for example, download using hathaway and surf using MTNL?Thanks

the speeds won't add up for anything, except i think torrents. otherwise you can surely use them on the same pc for different applications.

No I mean, if I want to use MTNL just for surfing (IE/FF/Messenger) and Hathaway for say IDM (Internet Download Manager), possible?Thanks

yea .. no problem als long as long you don't want to 'fuse' the connections and use as one. doing that is tricky.

ofcourse not, why would I want to do that? I'm quite satisfied with 210kb/s, even my HDD won't handle so many downloads. ;-)So how do I apply hathway to IDM, is there any specific way of doing that? Are you sure it won't eat up my MTNl bandwidth?

hmm.. keeping them entirely seprate from each other is also not easy. why do you want to set it up like that??.. cuz just setting up a comfortable download limit should give u enuf b/w to surf

I want to use hathaway (only!) for download to save my MTNL bandwidth for surfing. If I use MTNL for downloads, my monthly limit would drain out rather quickly.

then u've hit a roadblock... if you want to control what type of services either of the connections is used for then, either you will have to set up some kind of filtering .. which i don't have much idea about.. or just do one thing at a time but i guess if you use torrents it will be simpler to filter as you will be using different ports....if you have two machines at home then maybe you can setup a proxy on one and set that in your browser as the default.. but that would just defeat the purpose i guess ...

Yep, If I had two PCs then I wouldn't bother using a single PCs resources to download stuff 24x7. ;-)Thanks anyway.btw, I knoe some people here do have multiple connections, I wonder how do they manage?

Back