Is it the way I should complain to the bsnl customer care?

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,251
If you can arrange for a VDSL modem, then only go for a VDSL plan. Bsnl most likely will not have it.

If you want 8mbps, get 8 mbps ADSL.

For higher upload speeds, if you don't have any wired option apart from bsnl, go for 3G

I actually create another complained on bsnl broadband on site, and now i found vdsl is not compatible to my current modem :russianroulette: anyway about 3g here in my city with idea you can get up to 2MB/sec downloading speed but uploading is something 770kb/sec. With bsnl vdsl one can get up to 4mb/sec uploading and 2MB downloading. Also bsnl is cheap then idea.

I can buy VDSL modem, I asked in the market and found VDSL modem. It will cost me 5000rs. I forget the model number. I know VDSL modem is hard to find or even impossible for some user but here is guy who sale VDSL modem, Today bsnl guy came my house and asked what is the problem and he told me that they can't give up to 4mb/sec speed because there is no port for higher speed. No one use VDSL here:(

VDSL also needs some setup changes from BSNL's side. I doubt they're actually equipped to provide you VDSL. I don't think its worth it, chasing them et al.

Since BSNL has put you on a VDSL plan without actually providing the service, complain using the form in my signature. Though I doubt much will come of it.

After so much arguing they finally understand that what is difference VDSL and ADSL and now they told me VDSL work only in under 500m distance so they can't give me VDSL connection and told me to change my plan to ADSL, I think VDSL work within 1.5km since i do not own VDSL modem so i did not argue them about distance, But i also do not know if i am under 1.5km distance.
Is there anyway i can find line distance of my home from bsnl exchange? Can i find line distance from my modem control page? From modem admin page i can see at which line rate i am connected if i also can see my distance then i would get VDSL connection.

VDSL also requires setup change from bsnl's side. VDSL can work well up to 1km.

They're making excuses because they can't provide you VDSL.

Pursuing this further is a waste of time, IMO.

Back