Is Reliance ADSL broadband good enough to replace MTNL?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rohan M
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,213
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
MTNL
I am posting this for my friend here, we both use MTNL and while my service is excellent (Even i am surprised! No issue since last few months!), his is pathetic and we were looking for options to shift and i wanted to ask that does Reliance provide the said speed in Mumbai suburban area for the thunder plans? Is the service reliable or it disconnects very frequently?

Last edited:
I get 3.3-3.4mbps on my 4mbps Thunder Plan. A lot of user have similar experiences. A few have reported getting better than advertised speeds. Stability would depend upon how your local gateway is setup and how nice local people of Reliance are in your area.

Thanks, will call them tomorrow. BTW if you have experience with mtnl, should I too shift to reliance or stick with mtnl (service is great for months)?

Last edited:
Just a tip. Reliance and bmc have an ongoing feud, wherein bmc cuts down rcom cables that have been hung from tree tops.

Still worth a shot, you have nothing to lose, especially if the reliance cables are underground in your area, unlikely though if in the suburbs.

Ift mtnl is working great for you, don't switch unless you need more data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back