Is Tata Indicom Port Blocking?

• Thread starter Thread starter Notsofast
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 12,607
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends.. please do not fight.... :dance::dance::dance:Lets find a solution for the problem... Even I am having same problem, no incoming connection .. / listen error.I have been using utorrent for long time... recently i changed my residence.. and here.. i face this problem.There I was using PPOPE lan based prepaid connection, without any problem.Guys, I need help. Please help me set up PPOPE based login on my VISTA machine. :confused:-pranKster.

Do they have a PPPoE connection where you are now? OR is it browser based login?If it is browser based, then you cant use pppoe method. So I suggest you confirm that first. Otherwise i think setting up a connection in vista should be otherwise similar to its XP counterpart

if they have blocked p2p then its bad news for india and it could be reported to TRAI. As far as voip is concerned then there was hue and cry over this subject by the president of ISP association. It was regarding port should be blocked for the isp who doesn't have itsp or there is too much illegal use of voip traffic as indian voip providers are much more expensive than wht u get in america or so. Vonage takes 27usd per month for unlimited america calling. I'd seen so many parents using vonage in india. Try the voip of same isp i'e ur broadband provider. There are many other companies dealing in just voip like net4india or worldphone who are not into broadband. So can they sell there voip. So logically this is unethical if tata is blocking the sip port.Remember this is india here silly and stupid rules and witty lives in dungeon. Listen to instance from me in 2005 vsnl (not broadband) blocked the tcp 1433 port. There is no way an isp should block this port as it is used by sql server. It took me month of fighting and proving that 1433 is blocked. So when its vsnl (now tata) be ready they can block any and anytime even if they don't know the ports. The biggest problem is admittance if they have blocked the port then they shud intimate or shud be there on the SLA so that innocent non technical ppl should not be groping in the dark.happy browsing on TATA ;)

Currently its a browser based login.earlier i was having pppoe based login in my older residence. this older residence is just walking distance from new onw.. so i hope they should be using same network and there should be same conditions.

nah in which case I doubt it. They have different types of connections. You could also check if they have a PPPoE concentrator and if that worked.You could also install RASPPPoE installed and search for it. If it exists, and it works, your in luck.

assid I'm surprised if its really blocked then how low an isp can go. Bloody hell they are not less than a cable operator. This is really a serious matter against the sovereignty of usage or user. I'd in my life never blocked p2p. I'd always throttled it that also time based but an ISP of vsnl cater going so low hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm made me really thinking.

Actually they dont block p2pYou have to understand that because you dont have incoming ports (taking into consideration there is no router/firewall), other users arent able to connect to your. So, if they cant connect to you, you lose out on those possible peers, HENCE, speed loss.If peers can connect to you, you get more peers reachable. Specially the ones that have good speed.You can see the status of this in any torrent client. uTorrent for example has a green check in the status bar if the port is reachableStatic IP users, by default, have incoming ports active. Any firewall, router not withstanding.Prepaid users do not have a static ip address, therefore incoming ports are inactive. Postpaid users get a static ip address, therefore, they do not have a problem.Therefore if you have a postpaid connection and therefore a static ip address, and you use a router, make sure you use port forwarding. uPNP will help as well but you need to enable that on the router as well as the torrent client.

Send what message?
send me ur msg at astro_sutradhar in yahoo im

you can't do anything. I think we should get together and do something against isp who are just acting like a tyranical rulers like hitler. As there is no policy by trai to block p2p action can be taken if its really blocked.nettlynx networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back