Is Tata Sky hijacking space on my DVR Hard Disk?

rockingtushar

Regular
ISP
Airtel
A couple of weeks ago I got a message on my set top box that Dum Maaro Dum had automatically been recorded on my hard disk as part of some video on demand service and was asking for money to watch it. I don't want to see that movie and want to delete it as it is eating up space on my hard disk but I don't know how to. It does not appear on the recorded videos list. Someone please help.

This is the 1st time i have heard anything like this ! Is that movie visible in the list of recorded programs? If it is then check if it is protected.(The lock icon i think)

Well firstly i got a message saying it was automatically recorded and then i checked again just now and it shows in the video on demand section that 125min of Dum Maaro Dum has been recorded.

Dum maro Dum is on VoD ... You'll have to shell out 50 bucks to watch it (in HD I suppose)...
And I dont think you need to worry about it.. It will be deleted like the other VoD movies and replaced with something else..

I don't want to see that movie and want to delete it as it is eating up space on my hard disk but I don't know how to.

How much space is left in your PVR... (I've still got 75% available) ...
B/w I have Jung on VoD which is been there for 2months now... I would call that as Eating up space

Transfer 50 buck to my account I'll let you know :P B/w DMD was aired on some channel yesterday!

This feature is called Push VOD, in which VOD content is pushed in our HDD. We can only watch it after we subscribe for it. This has advantage that we can watch it even if it is not being broadcasted currently, and mostly used for HD VOD as HD broadcast needs more bandwidth, so such VOD is pushed to HDD.Usually STB have reserved space for Push VOD, and it is separate from PVR space, so even if we dont have any Push VOD, still that space may not be accessible for PVR.

Back