Is there a fair usage policy on Excitel Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter john_dud
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 6,847
ISP
Excitel, Airtel XStream
Already crossed 1TB mark, waiting to see how it goes from here
uWQ8po.jpg

I was able to cross ~6TB in september. I think either they do it manually or have some check over consistent high transfers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't check my current usage, I'm sure I'm near that mark as well. 5 TB is a rough figure. It's my understanding as well, they have a daily limit and if you consistently cross it then they suspend your account. It is FUP whichever way you see it, only thing is they don't downgrade your speed, they directly suspend your account.

Upvote 0
I connected my PC to mobile hotspot, bridged the PC's LAN with WIFI and then connected Router's WAN with PC's LAN. Now the whole house has internet connection again, have 40+ GB of data to spare on both sim cards.

Upvote 0
I'm yet to find that out as I paid for the whole year and had almost 2 more months.

Upvote 0
Economics wise with the Peering setup every ISP can afford 5TB FUP max.

Excitel should be clear with terms.

I didn't violate any terms so to speak
Yes, you are right.

You didn't. It was sold as a Unlimited connection, You have to right to download even 30TB of data every month, Going by customers definition it is commercial usage.

Who will decide what is commercial usage, Commercial means using it for Hotels, restaurants or Hostels. Excitel should be clear if its 3TB or 5TB!

I remember one of the Google fiber customer on Reddit doing 60TB up/down every month continuously for few months and Google didn't give a $. Now that's truly unlimited.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back