Is there a Phone Line Surge protector available in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter knvn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,855

knvn

ISP
BSNL
There are surge protection devices for power lines to arrest sudden spikes of excessive power so that the connected systems are not damaged.However, it is common that the broadband modems connected to the system get damaged due to sudden spikes/surges in phone line electric power. In Kerala atleast, this is the season of summer rains with accompanying lightening and thunder. Even the BSNL exchange authorities ask customers to unplug phone lines from modems during such summer rains. Is there an effective phone line surge protector available in India so that the phone line can be connected to the surge protector before connecting on to the modem? For reasons of duty roster, I am required to login at different times, and I can not afford to switch off modems.Please suggest how to tackle this situation.Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I bought one for my aunt for christmas for precisely that reason. It was made by Belkin and had both RJ-15(phone/DSL) and RJ-45(Ethernet) surge protection in it. Can't recall the exact model name but I got it at Staples in B'lore for about ~2000rs.

Back