Is your current mobile plan better than the offerings from Reliance Jio for your usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 32,501

Do you plan to migrate your primary number to Reliance Jio?

• Total voters
rodeoz: were you on some special plan till now ?

I am on some shitty corporate plan which gets me 10 packs for Rs.299+ Tax which i've customized for my local + STD use, but data I get only 400MB a month and 100 sms a month.

any procedure to grab yours so tempting allocations.

@ghpk I was some corporate my plan where I was paying 599 monthly rental for 2GB 4G data, 100 free calls each for STD, local and roaming and free SMS. I decided to port and they offered me their corporate infinity plan for the same rental.

No, i won't as I hardly manage to consume top up of 150 in a month but I'll be surely using it as a secondary sim for the internet and latest offering of 6 GB for 300/- & 1 GB for 51/- is fantastic for me.

Just got a call from airtel and asked me not to port and gave me an offer that i cant reject :) Now for a rental of 530 I get 6GB of 3G/4G data and unlimited local, std, roaming and 100SMS per day. so not going to port to jio i guess :cool:

Ps: why im unable to copy past links from android mobile.weird...

Last edited:
I'm still not going to port to jio unless they sort out their calling issues. As of now, the connections to bsnl are still spotty at best. Jio to Jio are awesome though.

Just got a call from airtel and asked me not to port and gave me an offer that i cant reject :) Now for a rental of 530 I get 6GB of 3G/4G data and unlimited local, std, roaming and 100SMS per day. so not going to port to jio i guess :cool:

Ps: why im unable to copy past links from android mobile.weird...
That would be roaming incoming free???

Am using both Jio and Airtel. Both work as expected and Jio calling issue also sorted for me. Only Jio issue is less to no network coverage at my workplace.

Feels like I should share my plan too. I don't use any data on my mobile other than home for which I have broadband. So only recharge for packs when in emergency. Got Vodafone for calls and sms, corporate plan for the whole family. 600 mins std or local free, then to local 10p/min and std or landline 20p/min. 400 sms free, local and national. All this for 149/- per month.

So I've taken the bait and ported my Primary Vodafone number to Jio, mainly because the LTE speeds offered by Jio at my home and work place are much faster than Vodafone. The process should be completed by next week. I'll be giving Jio a try for the next 90 days, if it doesn't work out, it's back to Vodafone for me.

Edit: 10/02/2017 Porting completed overnight. Got no message from Vodafone that the number was going to be ported, the SIM simply got deactivated. Jio SIM is now active.

Here's the first Speed Test result,

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Down: 49.33 Mbps Up: 21.25 Mbps

Last edited:
just ported my main number to jio lol, even though i was getting 16gb4gdata per month from airtel, as i dont have 4gb in my area and also 3g signal is weak

Back