ISP Login Failed

• Thread starter Thread starter azminadeem
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 16,598

azminadeem

ISP
BSNL
Hi all, I am facing a problem with my BSNL Broadband connection and after calling up BSNL everyday for the past 5 days without any luck, I have to ask you for help. Basically, I got a new connection a couple of weeks back with a pre-configured modem and everything worked fine in the beginnning. Then last week, out of nowhere, upon starting the browser, I get a message 'ISP Login Failed' and then asked to enter my username and password. When I duly entered my BSNL id (with and without the "bsnl.in" suffix) and my password, I again got the same message. I have tried almost everything that I could think incl resetting the modem, reconfiguring from scratch, using bridge mode w/o any change in the situation. I even tried connecting with another ADSL router. So now I'm calling upon you all to suggest something else that I can try.Regards,Nadeem

Problem :I get a message 'ISP Login Failed'
@/members/azminadeem/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Suggestion 1 :
If you can access Internet, check your usage with 14 digit portal ID in Usage portal. portal. If successful, change user password to same old password.
If still not connecting call
BSNL Exchange to reset your original user password. or they may give a temp password.
My friend had the same problem, and after changing modems/computers etc his original password was restored. ( Old Dataone User ID/password common )
Suggestion 2 :using bridge mode w/o
If you are using Wanminiport Dialer to Dial your Internet BB connection,
Open in IE 192.168.1.1 and in WAN page select ppp/PPPoE and enter your ID ( without @ bsnl.in) and PW. Uncheck "Bridged"
Reboot modem and wait for 2 minutes.
If still "NO GO " Check Diagnostics page in modem :call exchange.
Ref :BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU
You can post ipconfig/all data here. . Start run type cmd type ipconfig/all

Thanks essbebe for you response. I have been trying to login to the portal for the past couple of hours but all I get is a blank page! I have been able to login a few days back and could see all the details. Might be a problem with the BSNL server itself.-nadeem

Here's an update based on my meeting with the local SDE: It seems that BSNL in their infinite wisdom put my connection in the 'Free 15-day Trial' scheme and for the past few days they have been busy transferring it to the regular category and that's apparently the cause of my modem trouble. It's gonna take another couple of days before my connectivity is restored. I don't know whether to cry or laugh ... I have been calling customer care for the past 5-6 days and nobody either knew this or didn't bother to inform.-nadeem

Back