ISPs in Vile Parle(W), Mumbai, and is MTNL reliable?

ISP
Tata Indicom
Hey there,
My tata indicom 256kbps connection is about to expire and instead of renewing it I was thinking of going for the Mtnl 512kbps unlimited connection which is for Rs.999 per month, which is actually cheaper than the TIBB 256kbps connection. What a joke. :ishock:

But is Mtnl reliable? because tata isnt that good, its expensive and konks off every now and then and starts up on its own free will and whenever I call up the customer care, they have no idea what to do and all I get to in the end is getting a complaint number with a reassurance that it will be rectified within 24-48 hours, which has no guarantee. Though in the past months they HAVE improved their customer feedback.

And does anyone know what OTHER isps are available in this area?

My basic necessities are a 256-512kbps unlimited connection and reliability.. it should'nt konk off every now and then out of the blue. =|

Thanks in advance! :D

Yes, u can safely switch to MTNL. It has gone down harldly 3-4 times in last 2yrs for me.Just make sure u get good SNR margin. i.e u are within 2km of exchange.I had tata too 2yrs back, i got very fed up of the 8-10 downtimes every week :D

Hey there,
My tata indicom 256kbps connection is about to expire and instead of renewing it I was thinking of going for the Mtnl 512kbps unlimited connection which is for Rs.999 per month, which is actually cheaper than the TIBB 256kbps connection. What a joke. :ishock:

But is Mtnl reliable? because tata isnt that good, its expensive and konks off every now and then and starts up on its own free will and whenever I call up the customer care, they have no idea what to do and all I get to in the end is getting a complaint number with a reassurance that it will be rectified within 24-48 hours, which has no guarantee. Though in the past months they HAVE improved their customer feedback.

And does anyone know what OTHER isps are available in this area?

My basic necessities are a 256-512kbps unlimited connection and reliability.. it should'nt konk off every now and then out of the blue. =|

Thanks in advance! :D

----------

I am using MTNL unlimited @Rs.999 plan .It is very good. Go for it.

mtnl @999 plan is the best ! unlimited plan unlimited fun !

Back