Issues with Port Scanning Across Different ISPs

• Thread starter Thread starter vansh712
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 657
ISP
Airtel and Jio
Hello,

I am experiencing issues related to port scanning with different ISPs and would appreciate some help in understanding and resolving these problems.

I use the following internet connections:

1. Jio Broadband Wireless WiFi
2. Airtel Broadband Wireless WiFi
3. A local broadband WiFi service
4. Airtel SIM card in my mobile phone

As a security researcher, I conduct port scans at varying rates, typically around 1 lakh IPs per second, or sometimes just 1,000, depending on my requirements. Please note that my activities are ethical and intended for security research only.

Here is the issue breakdown:

1. Jio Broadband Wireless Router:
- When connected to Jio WiFi, I can perform port scans (using tools like Masscan, Nmap, Zmap) continuously for hours without interruption. I can also send a high number of requests per second (up to 500,000) without any failures.

2. Airtel Broadband Wireless WiFi:
- When using Airtel WiFi, port scans freeze after a few seconds, typically after scanning 30-40 IPs, and do not generate further results.

3. Local Broadband WiFi:
- Similar to Airtel, the scans freeze after a short period and do not continue.

4. Airtel SIM Card Internet:
- When using my mobile phone as a hotspot, the port scans run smoothly and uninterrupted, similar to the Jio broadband experience.

I am frustrated by these inconsistencies and would like to understand why this is happening. What could be causing these differences between ISPs, and how can I resolve this issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Please help (bump)

Back