It's being close to one-month and I still haven't got the connection at my home

• Thread starter Thread starter namra_aiya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 945
ISP
Airtel
I've done everything from Document Verification to the payment, on 8th of November. And I was informed that the nearest FAT box doesn't have slot so they're are gonna install a new one in my area (for that they've applied). The next day the engineers came and after analysing our locality they said the same thing. Now they said they'll come back again when the FAT box has been installed. I haven't heard back from them.

I even called on the number, which I suppose is the customer care number, and they said they'll get back to me in 24 hours. I called again after 24 hours and they assured me of a connection being installed at my house before 4 pm. They didn't got. Now, when I called them today they said they'll get back to me this day. But they didn't.

What should I do, whom should I contact. Should I try to take my money back and opt for another ISP?

Yes try writing a mail to the appellate authority of your state.

Get your money back and opt for another ISP. There's absolutely no point fighting for this. Try escalating it to appellate but that won't be of much help imo. You can also talk to the FR lead of your area if you have time and patience, just visit the nearest airtel store and you will get their number.
There's nothing special in Airtel's Broadband service contrary to the belief and they are not providing anything extra which other ISP don't/cannot. Almost all ISPs are FTTH nowadays and the experience is more or less similar for an average user. Yes Airtel is slightly better at pings and routing but it's hardly noticeable for someone who uses broadband for streaming and browsing.
You can opt for Airtel after they install a new FAT box in your building/locality. Don't waste your time, ask them for a refund and opt for other ISP.

Edit: I just noticed that you applied for the connection almost a month ago, I would suggest you to ask them for a refund straightaway, no point escalating anything.

Escalations may not help, then why should you escalate?
It's a solid proof that you knocked the doors of management and still they did not fulfill your order. In worst case if the matter goes to consumer court you have a better argument and proof that despite escalations they did not fulfill your order. The evidence may prove to be in your favor.
Even if the matter does not go to the consumer court, that ultimatum serves that you did your responsibility to solve your problem to the best extent and now it's the service provider who is default.

Give them an ultimatum, a final timeline of a few days to install the connection or get your money back.
Additionally mark it to [email protected] (customer experience team) and CEO Gopal Vittal ([email protected]) I assume he is still the CEO.

@rohitks that gopal vittal email doesn't work have tried myself [THIS EMAIL ID IS NOT FUNCTIONAL NOW]
best is to write to121@airtel.com

Last edited:

Back