Jio disabled DMS Server

• Thread starter Thread starter fibergrid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 9,263
ISP
Jio
Hello

Until few days back I use to see DMS server being enable by default in Jio ONT, I tried disabling it when I was trying to access USB Pendrive out of curiosity. But I failed as that option was disabled, I concluded that those 2 USB ports are useless.

But today I opened the Jio ONT Gateway again and to my surprise DMS was disabled. I know I was never able to disable it so it was Jio who disabled it by themselves ... but why?

Anyone have any Idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 6.22.30 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 6.22.30 PM.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 987
dms is enabled on my end but i can only view my files in their shitty JIOHome app it seems. dont they offer files over smb or something. i actually wanna play the files using mxplayer

DMS is disabled now. Don't know why. Earlier, I could enable or disable it. Tried using it though, earlier. Had worked with a few problems. Now it's disabled, and the option to enable it is not given. They shouldn't do this as this is a feature that they advertise on their website.

Same happened with me it was enabled for me in the trial period and I found the feature very useful as I could use it as media server on my Android TV. But as soon as the trial period was over Jio disabled it from their backend.

I requested a visit for this problem, the technicians who came had no idea about it initially. Then they dialed a few phone numbers and told me that it was disabled for security reason.

Jio Is changing its terms every now and then.

Am on 699 and DMS is disabled. Tried CS more than 3 times yesterday and they keep on hold for so long to understand that the call disconnects... Access of USB files through Settop box from phone works though.

Back