Jio eSIM to Physical SIM

You could have ported out right? It takes just 72 hours or so. The ported connection can even be in a different name.

Escalate to DoT - I could have, but I don’t stay in India and don’t have the energy and inclination to pursue this
Port Out - I am currently in Kolkata and my current circle was Delhi/NCR. Inter-circle port takes longer and I would have had to leave the sim with someone to activate and then later courier it to me.

The timelines are: 3 days for Intra-circle and 5 days for Inter-circle.
You would have the number active in a week, and saved the trips required to change your number everywhere

Yep, but without knowing why my sim replacement request is failing, I would have had no surety the port request would have been approved.
Most banks allowed me to change my number via the app. Only for Aadhaar and some banks I had to visit the branch.

@tinoryls I dont think this is because of photo verification but some other system error. How old is the photo are they comparing your current look to?

People look different at different stages of their lives, For e.g. I too don't have as much hair on my head as I did before (when my aadhar photo was taken or heavens forbid my PAN card photo where I look like a college kid!) :cool: but my e-sim to physical sim verification went through without issues. It was activated within hours. Yes they did take fingerprint authentication and took a new photo for their records but all was well.

Quite possible. There’s something definitely wrong with my account (4 numbers total) that prevents replacement SIMs for all 4 numbers. Thankfully only 2 of them were eSims and for both I have now changed to different numbers.

If they play hard to get just port out and that will bring them to their senses. You can always port back after 3 months should you wish to.

I only come to india once a year and I rather spend my time with family than deal with these people.
I already changed my number anywhere and asked Jio to close the previous connection. Even for retention they couldn’t offer me a solution.

Well, then I think the best option is to close whatever connection that cannot be converted to physical.

Back