Jio Fiber 2.4GHz vs. TP-Link Router 2.4GHz Shocking Latency and Speed Differences

• Thread starter Thread starter raj17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 479
ISP
Jio
Hey guys, right now I'm using Jio Fiber. I did some experiments on the 2.4GHz network on Jio Fiber. So on Jio Fiber's 2.4GHz, when I do a speed test, I get high latency, high jitter, and ping, even though I stand in front of the router. There are no obstacles, but there are 10+ Wi-Fi networks in my surroundings my Neighbors's wifi.

I mentioned in the picture that you will see how much I get. For the experiment, I have an old TP-Link router, so I decided to use this as a primary device for 2.4GHz. I connected the TP-Link router in access mode,

and to stop interference between both devices' 2.4GHz networks, I shut down Jio Fiber's 2.4GHz network and used only 5GHz. For 2.4GHz, I used the TP-Link router. After doing the speed test, I was shocked to see the difference. On Jio Fiber's 2.4GHz, I got ping: 26 ms, download: 211ms Latency, upload: 103ms Latency. On the TP-Link 2.4GHz, I got ping: 14 ms, download: 134ms Latency, upload: 18ms Latency, which is quite a significant difference between the two. Note that both channels are set to auto, and the results are not even close. I tested multiple times but got higher ping, latency, and jitter on Jio Fiber 2.4GHz compared to the old TP-Link router.

TP-link 2.4GHZ speed test image

JIO Fiber 2.4GHZ speed test image

Experienced same issue in Airtel Nokia router. You can see my post.

Back