Jio Fiber High Ping, High Latency, High Jitter How to fix ?

• Thread starter Thread starter raj17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2,688
@raj17 Your router seems fine. I don't think you can do anything other than complain about it to Jio guys, especially seeing you are even facing packet loss.

@Zuke , do you think they would listen if I tell them that I am facing packet loss? 🥺I'm sure the first thing they would say is that if my internet is working fine, then everything is fine. Last time I had an issue related to 'inside home connectivity service fault detected,' which was a high-power issue on the fatbox. They didn't even consider it a problem, and it took 3 months to resolve.

@raj17 They most likely won't care unless a bunch of customers keep raising complaints. That's why JioFiber have so many issues because they don't impact regular users.

Jio 100 mbps plan [ being used after a long time as airtel is down from last 12 hrs]. this is without JIO ONT [ on vsol onu]

Source
Bufferbloat
zdLjZC5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@anmolbhard004 At least you have good ping though! Here Jio sucks even with their routing. 😂 Sadly, the only alternatives are local broadbands. They got much better routing but packet loss.

@Zuke I hardly use jio now its just for backup airtel is down so router shifted to jio, they need to improve man but at last normal users wont even mind all these pings and all they are happy that its VFM . also local broadbands are too expensive

also these tests were on 6Ghz so this bufferbloat has nothing to with router and all now I guess
see
Y0aZbNT.png

@anmolbhard004 Here local broadbands are a bit cheaper, though they don't have good app for live TV. I use one for backup. If only they were not having packet loss. ;-;

And yeah, router does not have anything to do with bufferbloat in JioFiber, but I was just saying it was so bad earlier with my old router and Jio router that even streaming would cause ping spikes while gaming.

Back