Jio Fiber High Ping, High Latency, High Jitter How to fix ?

• Thread starter Thread starter raj17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2,688

Getting High Packet Loss with Jio. Spend 2 Hours Back and Forth with Jio Team Both Ground and Technical Team. Only Resolution I Got Was Turn Off Router For 8 Hours It Will Work What A Reply 😂. When Connection Is Used With Downloading Or With Torrenting Legal Linux ISO Or Any Load I Get Huge Packet Loss Such That It Is Visible Even When Pinging . Please Any Expert If Here Please Suggest Solution Or How Can It Be Resolved.

1. Got Fiber Wire Changed
2. Power Is As 20Dbm (Adequate Enough)

Using PF Sense With Load Balancing Between Airtel And Jio.
Packet Loss Is Visible On Both Pf Sense And Jio Ont .

Jio Team Is Not Understanding Issue Any Mail ID Or Steps I can Take to Get It Resolved Only Other ISP Present Is BSNL Which I Am Not Willing To Go Back To.

High ping and packet loss while downloading is common with JioFiber.

Get a decent router and use that with JioFiber instead. Turn on QoS and you will have good time while downloading.

@Zuke Thank You For Your Response. I am using Pf Sense For Routing With Dual Wan And Load Balancing With Policy Based Routing
Wan 1 : Airtel With Static IP And Bridge Mode Enabled And Wan 2 : Jio Where It Is Connected Via Lan To Pf Sense Only One Device Connected And Wifi Is Handled Via Multiple Access Points From Lan At Pf Sense. As Suggested By You For Enabling Qos Will It Be Any Useful If Only One Client i.e Pf Sense Wan Itself Is Connected As Far As I My Knowledge Qos Is For Traffic Prioritization If Only One Client Is Connected Will It Be Any Useful ? I Doubt It Will Be Any Useful ! . Is Pf Sense Not A Good Router ? Or The Jio Ont Is Here To Blame ?.

@mrps786 Depending on how good QoS is on your router, it will have different results.

I was seeing bufferbloat even with QoS on Archer A6 V3 but not on Archer AX53.

And QoS will also limit your maximum speed and you know, JioFiber have ping spikes and packet loss when you're making 100% use of your bandwidth. So, yeah, it will help.

@Zuke Thank You For Quick Response . I Get What You Are Trying Say Regarding Limiting Of Maximum Speed . I Will Definitely Give It A Try I Guess There Is No Harm In Trying . ;). If Anyone Has Any Other Suggestions, Please Feel Free To Suggest Me.

Back