Jio Fiber Router Receives New Firmware Update (JCOW414)

ISP
Jio
Hey everyone, I just noticed that my Jio Fiber router (JCOW414) was updated today. After the update, I saw some noticeable differences and a more modern look in some parts of the interface (I'll attach some photos). However, some important features have been removed in this update. There are now fewer options available, and the UPnP mode is no longer present. Additionally, the Radius server configuration is missing.

Previously, you could change the QoS settings in the WMM section, but now you can't modify any configurations as it’s disabled. Additionally, the time zone is now set to India by default, and you can no longer change it.

If you notice any other features that are missing in this update, please let me know so we can share the information with everyone.

PHOTO <-CLICK HERE

Last edited:
@Zuke now they just locked everything just like air fiber :rolleyes:

I had applied for a Static IP [Airtel] day before, and yesterday I got it, Airtel pushed some firmware from the backend and similar to you locked all settings.
Can't change LAN IP, DHCP, UPnP and Backup/Restore are gone from the settings.
Before they pushed the changes I had UPnP on, and now it's forced on and I can't change it.
In your router, is UPnP On rn or Off?

@raj17 Idk brother, and honestly don't care. My intents were some hobby and productivity stuff.
Although I have heard about it here, but if you're curious, in my case I am getting the speeds I paid for.

Back