pothi

@127.0.0.1
ISP
BSNL - 3G
VI - LTE
Airtel - LTE/5G
Jio - 5G
Hello all,

I have been using JioFi 2 for several months. It works fine most of the time. Occasionally, it hangs up or doesn't charge and doesn't use existing battery. I guess it is something to do with the battery pack as any battery tends to die at some point. Whenever it doesn't work, I had to remove the battery manually and insert it again. Very rarely, this doesn't help either. It just doesn't boot up or doesn't charge the battery when connected to a power supply. I know this is strange. But, that's how it works at the moment.

Anyway, I am looking for another JioFi device. I see there are plenty of options now. I plan to use it with 24x7 power supply as a failover connection to my primary broadband connection, so I don't even need to consider the battery capacity. What would you recommend now for my use-case (where battery capacity is not a concern)?

Thank you.

I won't recommend a JioFi device for 24x7 use. I had a swollen battery in just 5 months use. Rather, buy a 4g unlocked router to use with your Jio sim and connect it to a power backup point. I use Jio on my Airtel 4G router that i unlocked with some tutorials. There are plenty of unlocked Airtel routers available on Olx etc.

You can use the JioFi device without the battery if you are connecting USB/power supply, that should remove the problem of battery bloat/failure.

It works with a hit or a miss. At times the connection would just drop after few mins and you don't get to know because the power supply isn't able to sustain the required voltage.

Back