JioFiber Centrum Router not using custom DNS?

• Thread starter Thread starter SRoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,718
ISP
Jio
I have Pi-Hole setup at 192.168.29.175 IP, which is my primary DNS in JioFiber Router. In Pi-Hole, my DNS is set to NextDNS.io which also blocks ads.
But on NextDNS's site, I noticed it said I'm using ”Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited” as DNS resolver. The same thing is said on a DNS test that I found from google.
Even though on Pi-Hole I can see queries are answered by NextDNS.io, so is there a leak of some sort?
I have rebooted the router after I applied all the settings.

I've posted all the screenshots of the necessary info.

bMBQP6r.webp

VOu9Lve.webp

NqgFqHF.webp

fg76YiE.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
This shitty gateway also resets IPv6 custom DNS after reboot. Switches to DNS Proxy setting. I use my own DNS from Windows Network adapter properties.

It can also mean that your own DNS server is not functioning properly and its falling back on Jio DNS servers. Check that out.

No issues here btw.
lEwoyYi.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
4 ways

Also in your browser of choice there'll be a Secure DNS option, enable it and manually select Google DNS or any other DNS, don't leave it to auto. This will encrypt your browser dns requests and can also help you access dns blocked websites.
Available on Android and windows.

That's why I have installed YogaDNS (version <=1.2.1 are free) on windows computers and Nebulo on android.

Setup on your own favorite DNS server in them and use them.

Added advantage that my dns is fast, private and secure whether I am at home or traveling.

Lol wtf had no idea yogadns made free features paid.

That's why I have installed YogaDNS (version <=1.2.1 are free) on windows computers and Nebulo on android.

Setup on your own favorite DNS server in them and use them.

Added advantage that my dns is fast, private and secure whether I am at home or traveling.
These are always on vpns running on application level, they will eat up resources. Google's intra is the only light enough one I've found. It's still better to let the os handle it.

@SRoy,
How you managed to login to Router? I am not able to find admin password. lot of places mention Jiocentrum but it doesn't work.
The guys who installed the router changed the default password while setting it up, which is annoying and ignorant of how customers may want to change settings. Luckily I took one of their phone numbers, so I called them and they gave me the password.

Back