JioFiber - Reduced internet speed after changing DHCP IP Range

• Thread starter Thread starter Artemis
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 795
ISP
BSNL FTTH | JioFiber | Vi
Hello all! Recently switched to JioFiber from Airtel and the experience has been bittersweet. Their hybrid STB package is pretty cool but the router on the other hand is a pain to work with as indicated by other posts on the forum.

The initial DHCP range allocated by the router started at 192.168.29.1, I switched it to the usual 192.168.0.1 series and changed the DNS to that of CloudFlare as well, but the minute I switched I noticed my internet speed dropped from 100 to 70 mbps. Another change I performed was increasing the transmission power of the 2.4Ghz AP, ramping it up to 100% from 75 ( Look up "Basic" in the search bar and it will lead you to the hidden settings)

Now it's worse and speeds don't cross 15 mbps. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Are there further optimizations on the router I'm missing out? I've heard there are issues of it behaving sluggish once the memory fills up but I'm well under 50% usage as well with no apparent heating. Kindly advise.

JioFiber HGW is a piece of trash.
However, yours seems particularly shitty😿

Sigh, would have happily stayed with Airtel Xstream if not for their constant 4 day downtimes. The only real advantage of having JioFiber is the bundled Hybrid STB and OTT service.

Back