• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,735

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
By Robert Andrews - Wed 19 Mar 2008 06:15 AM PST
In a rather surprise move, Joost has won the rights to show on-demand highlights of English Premier League matches across the Indian subcontinent. It appears rights were given by Nimbus Sport, a sports rights agency which won the mobile and internet rights to matches in parts of Asia, Middle East, Africa and Europe when the league first auctioned those media rights separately last summer. Matches will form a dedicated Joost channel and will come with ad funding.
It’s still a rather piecemeal approach to building repertoire - but when was multiterritory TV content licensing ever not thus? At Mipcom in October, Joost hinted to paidContent:UK it would seek European sports rights to follow the arrangement it inked with America’s MLB baseball league. It last week started testing live streams and will tomorrow test live match streams from US basketball’s NCAA March Madness series.

I love this piece of news!

As a matter of fact... I went ahead and tested this with my AIrtel !MBOS UL plan and it worked with no problems... it ran smoothly! Thanks Airtel and Joost!

Brilliant news!

Crazysah

cool if i had any interest in it i had get the 1mbps connection :)maybe they should try to get live WWE. now thats something we do not get in india.

Yeah... Most stuff on Joost is not available to Indians so this was a good addition!

Indiantelevision.com's Morning News Digest

Joost buys Nimbus clip rights
Nimbus Sport International Pvt. Ltd has said that Joost, a global online television platform, had acquired the on-demand Internet clip rights for the Barclays Premier League in the Indian sub-continent and nine other regions globally. Joost will have exclusive rights in India, Hong Kong, Japan, West Asia, North Africa, Brazil, Belgium, Greece and Portugal.
Click here for free Newsletter subscription!
Joost’s registered subscribers will be able to view highlights of all Barclays Premier League matches after each fixture round as part of a dedicated advertising-funded Barclays Premier League channel. Nimbus Sport was awarded the Internet and mobile clip rights for the Barclays Premier League for the three seasons from 2007/08 to 2009/10.

AWESEOME!

Back