Just Applied For Mtnl Triband

• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 6,340
QUOTE(boygr8 @ Dec 23 2006, 02:04 PM) [snapback]71490[/snapback]
But i want to test MTNL 1st. Thats why I am keeping Sify for a month . so i have decided to go for rental scheme.

Also how long does to get the internet working from the time they land up at ur home.

They have not called me or contacted me yet.....it has been 3 days.

also do they prvide a new modem or used modem. Is there something to be kept in mind while taking a modem ( like USB or LAN).
[/b]

Simple you are in Q, they have a 10,00o waiting list, read this

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/808801.cms

that was last week but I dont think things have changed a lot, you can keep in touch with local exchange.

Good for me...............I am in no hurry......my Sify BB is valid till Jan 10th......hope MTNL will provide by then...btw waitlist in Delhi is 2000 only and they say they can install about 400 connections a day.....that means about 5 days of wait.....that's not bad.What brand of modem do they usaully provide? Do they provide us with a router or just plain ADSL Modem?

Finally the guy came at 7 PM today with UT-304R2 Router and installed it. However my connection has not yet been activated from th exchange.how is this router?

Ut-304R2 i think has 4 ethernet port. Pure router + adsl combo!I am thinking how to make my ut300r2u kaput so that i cud get this one! :P

yep it has 4 ether net ports.Guys can u guide me .......when i switch on router .....the xDSL light is not coming on......does that mean that my exchange has still NOT activated my account? Or do i need to do something at my end????

QUOTE(boygr8 @ Dec 26 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]71829[/snapback]
yep it has 4 ether net ports.

Guys can u guide me .......when i switch on router .....the xDSL light is not coming on......does that mean that my exchange has still NOT activated my account? Or do i need to do something at my end????
[/b]

I have UTSTAR 302 router and its on 24/7 and not hanged even once. I am more than satisfied.

When lineman came to my place, he handed over the router to me and said "rest you can do it" . So I did all myself.Then he came after 2 hours and said he cannot install it in neighbourhood and if I can help him, I had to install that too.

But ADSL was already activated at that point and thats obvious too! Go here http://register.bol.net.in/ and see if you can login.

But on MTNL PART They charge 500 for installation and 300 for testing, but can't do both properly.

By charging Rs 800 for testing and intallation is a big joke. The guy who came to install just had the router package with him and nothing else. I had to provide him with with screw driver and the electrical tape. He did not do any testing...since ADSL was not activated.Its still not activated and i am already feeling the MTNL blues. And with no 2mbps on 590Nu, my move for MTNL could well be bad.further, I am not able to speak to area manager of my exchange.....the numbers they have given me say that I do not belong to area under that AM.Any idea if a little bit static noise on the telephone line will decrease my adsl performance

Or just email the GM of your exchange! The result is the nicest i have ever seen from mtnl employee.Its tested however ymmv accordin to xchange.

Called up GM office twice....the guys there are really cooperative.they said that my connection will be activated by today evening.....still no luck....I stare at the xDSL light and it stares back at me....no luck yet..... -_-

Back