Just Got Mtnl Broadband, Very Disappointed

• Thread starter Thread starter genexed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,412
Guess what, another twist. My phone lines(2) were connected before the adsl splitter, I removed both phone lines and re did the joint(which had gone bad, rusty). Then i checked the SNR and got this valuesSNR Margin......down : 19.0db ..........up : 12.0db dB Line Attenuation down : 17.0db ..........up:31.5db dB Earlier it wasSNR Margin......down : 29.5db ..........up : 16.0db dB Line Attenuation down :6.5db ..........up:3.5db dB Wow it was suppose to go other way round isntit?, that joint was really bad and old, I cannot believe what has happened.I'm only 90 meteres away from the exchange.

If you have old wire from the street box then i would recommend you to change that also.Also put both your phone line after splitter it would improve more.

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Nov 22 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]69394[/snapback]
If you have old wire from the street box then i would recommend you to change that also.

Also put both your phone line after splitter it would improve more.
[/b]

I got the lineman to change the whole wire from pole to my house. Now im getting :

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 42.0db 20.0db dB
Line Attenuation 4.0db 1.0db dB

Sounds good eh? but my uploads are still stuck between 70-90 kbs. However downloads are very consistent with 245-247 http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/6497/untitledrl6.jpg

try uploading to some good server and see what bandwidth you get. wait for a while for the connection to stabilize. that test lasts for only a few seconds which is insufficient for the connection to stabilize.

QUOTE(genexed @ Nov 21 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]69291[/snapback]
I always thought you worry about downoad speed and not upload speeds when it comes to p2p unless you r sharing something with ur friend. I mean who cares how much they get from you?

64 upload is less, I need atleast 150 as I send email to my clients with attachments and that will take thrice the time now, is there really nething I can experiement with in router setting? Would definately contact call center if it doesnt increases.

and what about bridge mode?
[/b]

Back