Kerala KFON. What happened to existing LCO connections?

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyous
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,428
ISP
Bsnl
What will happen to existing LCO provided BSNL connections once KFON arrive in Kerala? Do they merge to KFON? or stay as independent?

My understanding is KFON is only providing the fiber infrastructure / network. The LCO or BSNL is free to make use of KFON infra and provide the service (ofcourse with the necessary payment towards KFON) or they can make use of their own infra. It's entirely upto them.

I guess for new expansions, they might make use of the KFON infra.

LCO already pulled the cables. My question is when KFON comes, new customers will opt for connections through KFON. weather it is JIO, BSNL etc.. But existing customers who are with LCO now, need to switch? Or just stay with LCO given connections?

Thanks

Any idea how they are providing services to BPL families? IF like you said KFON only is providing fiber infra, then it isn't an ISP. Any idea anyone?

ISPs partner with Government of Kerala to use the KFON infrastructure at a discounted rate. And in return, the ISPs will provide free internet to Govt offices, hospitals, educational institutions and around 20 lakh BPL households.

Last edited:

Back