Landline Service from Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter undercover
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 24,136
Got an email yesterday from Jio that
"
Dear Customer,
Now enjoy Landline calling services (JioFixedVoice) on your JioFiber connection.
JioFixedVoice offers you:
1. High Definition and seamless calling experience with excellent voice clarity.
2. One number, Multiple devices: You can now configure the same 10 digit
JioFixedVoice number on up to 6 smartphones and a landline phone.
3. Audio and Video conferencing.
*Please refer steps mentioned below to configure and use JioCall service on your
smartphone.
To activate click www.jio.com/GetMyJio and download MyJio app. Login to JioFiber
account using registered mobile number. Select Fiber recharge to activate voice services.
Please refer steps mentioned below to configure and use JioCall service on your
smartphone.
1. Ensure your device is connected to JioFiber router
2. Download JioCall app from Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS)
3. Click on Next to Grant Access and Allow All the Permissions
4. Tap on SSID to Register
5. Enter the OTP sent to your Registered Mobile Number
6. Tap on Yes if you want to use this App as default App for sending & receiving SMS
7. Tap on Whitelist JioCall
8. Tap on Allow to let the app always run in Background
Please note, you need to be connected with JioFiber WiFi to make/receive landline calls from
your JioCall app.
In case landline device is already available with you, then you can connect it to your JioFiber
Router using RJ11 cable.
Happy Calling.
Thank You,
Team JioFiber."
I followed the instructions given in another post above by @yougotmehere post #33, got it activated (modem restarted at this stage) recd the new phone number(by email & sms), connected the instrument to the modem & it was good to go.:D

Last edited:
As an aside: Jio systems are far superior to Vodafone where inspite of having a 4G sim VOLTE was NOT started automatically. had to make THREE trip to their pathetic store to get it activated. Here everything is automated which works (unlike most systems of other service providers)

Last edited:
@socrates Vodafone is pretty much clueless about VoLTE lmao, although it works fine most of the time. In my father's phone though, I had to send them an email to activate VoLTE. Didn't go to the store.

Not sure about:- One number, Multiple devices: You can now configure the same 10 digit
JioFixedVoice number on up to 6 smartphones and a landline phone.

Can anyone explain?

Something like 1+6 landline instruments in parallel. On an inckming call, all 7 instruments ring, if they are within the wifi range. You can make an outgoing call from any of the 7 instruments.

Also, you have the call forwarding facility when not reachable, busy or no response.

Go to My Devices option where list of connected devices to your WiFi will show and then check if any "pencil icon" for renaming is showing between devices names and Block button?

Last edited:
@SG_curiosity
A1) I noticed it just Today, it is showing "Limited Period" instead of "30 Days". But, Validity is shown as 30 days under "Upcoming Plans".
A2) I was able to recharge my account. I did not remember SMS but I received Email about the Recharge and same can be seen under "Upcoming Plans"

A3) Nope. No Pencil/Edit icon.

1. My 3 Months preview (Silver JPO, I think) supposed to end on 15-August. But, sometime in first week of Aug, I activated Landline Service and so validity got extended by another 30 days and Plan changed to "JioFiber Combo"

2. Today morning, after notificing "Limited Preview" I recharged using it. But, Since my current plan is not expired. Recharged plan is displayed under "Upcoming Plans". All the Upcoming Plans showing 30 days.

3. I just activated ALL 100gb plan from "Upcoming Plans". Newly activated plans' validity says 19-Sept. But, existing 40gb have old validity.

Last edited:

Back