Latency Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter Neel Salvi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,921
Well my problem is not the high ping in china it is the relatively higher ping as compared 2 my friend who live near me. Same ISP same net plan diffrence of 100ms on each and every game.....

K sorry for derailing the topic :/

1. Different ADSL systems have different interleave settings. Interleave is added to increase the delay in ms. This increases the ping times but reduces packet drop.

2. Ping times are also dependent on routing. Your friend's routing to that server is slightly different than yours which may cause the difference in pings.

3. The server you are pinging may be having heavy traffic at a given time.

So it is an issue of luck as MTNL will state that the factors affecting ping times are beyond their control (even if they are within MTNL's control)

Only solution is to go to your local exchange and demand same IP series as your friend. 120.XX is on SOTL system. Ask for a port change to SOTL go to DGM, write letters or do whatever that is necessary which makes them change your port to SOTL.

well i dont think the server routing is diffrent as this is persistant with diffrent games i try
he always gets better ping not matter the server
ill try 2 change my port
Thank You.
If there is any other way please reply

Do anything necessary to get them to change it. It will not be easy. You will have to deal with them with a firm hand.

I heard something that you using VPN, well let me tell you VPNs are not meant for gaming and free VPN servers are too much loaded with traffic that you wont get any decent ping

Back