• Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,120
Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
For this month i received the bill of 3000/- which is fraudulent for tata indicom adsl. All my night usage which is free was counted and charged. This has happened to me many times before. I sent the mail about bill duspute, but no satisfatory reply. Now being fed up i have decided not to pay this bill, and let them take away my connection. But i was wondering what could be the legal action they could take if i dont pay this bill (Which is fraud). :wall:

Well your first step should always be to inform them about the same & have it corrected....which you have already done.So if they don't care then you can go legal against them after you accumulate enough proof about their negligence of the same, like record the phone calls with them, give written complaint if possible & take acknowledgment of the same & i hope you already have enough email communications aswell.On the other hand if you just stop paying then your isp would have every right to go legal against you because it would be your fault if u had not reported the issue, but since you have all the acknowledgment you would then be safe.

I'm on same plan as you are on. I believe you are on Monsoon 256 Offer Tata Indicom ADSL Offer. They do send you such huge bills sometimes.. but if you call up and discuss they do rectify the error. Everything you download/upload is logged at tata indicom database.. so they cross check and refund/ adjust your bill accordingly. Incase you seriously did such huge downloads then nobody can help you :P

Yeah i am on monsoon 256. I did sent them the mail about, and visited the tata indicom hub for this issue. I never did any downloading in daytime. I safely start any dl at 8.20, if any.Besides there site for checking account usage is not working from 2-3 months, not working even now. So how was i gonna realise, what they were upto. I had faced this issue few months ago, and i sent mail and they got it rectified. But this time all they have to say is you will have to pay the whole bill. Nothing they can do. I got pissed up, and threw the bill on the face of that fellow, and told them to take away there connection. Now, i am wondering, wats next ? What if i dont pay that bill, i dont want to be under any legal prosecution.

It's probably too small an amount for them to care. But if you have an apprehension, take them to consumer court for wrongful billing. Then if they try to put a legal case against you, you just inform the court that the matter is being heard in the appropriate consumer forum, and the court will leave it to them to decide.First I would suggest sending them a letter (and getting a "received" signature would be excellent) to the effect that such and such are the details, I have been wrongly billed due to an error on your part, kindly rectify the error and send the correct bill which I will be happy to pay at the earliest, kindly ensure that the connection is not disconnected in the meantime till this issue is resolved.If they still insist, send them a legal notice that unless they rectify it within say 3 weeks, you will be taking legal action against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back