LG Optimus 2X (Not getting Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich Edition!)

• Thread starter Thread starter Tarun Joshi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,204

Tarun Joshi

ISP
BSNL
That's right, it's official.:yahoo:

The LG Optimus 2X will be available in Korea next month with countries in Europe and Asia to follow. The phone will initially be released with Android 2.2 (Froyo) and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The upgrade schedule will be announced in local markets in due course.

Key specifications:

- 1Ghz Dual-core Processor (NVIDIA Tegra 2) :yahoo:
- 4-inch WVGA screen
- 8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD)
- 1,500 mAh battery
- 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
- HDMI mirroring,DLNA
- 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording

Read further here- LG Optimus 2X: first dual-core smartphone launches with Android, 4-inch display, 1080p video recording -- Engadget

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Whats more surprising is the fact that the announcement comes within few days of Samsung Nexus S which by the way goes on sale today.
Wait for CES 2011 when more dual cores will arrive

great, makes my decision to go for nexus s whole lot complicated.

great, makes my decision to go for nexus s whole lot complicated.

yes i am using the nexus 1,the best thing i like about that is,it started the real trigger for android,desire,Galaxy s,droid x,desire hd & all followed it and were better in certain areas,similarly i was hoping for a samsung orion powered dual core nexus but then nexus s arrives,apart from stock google experience really this LG just tore Nexus S apart,let's see January is the month when Moto,HTC will announce their new devices

well it comes loaded with LG's own customized skin. they have not really said how soon 2.3 would be available on this platform. and it would be sold locked in the US market (where i tend to get my phones from). the problem stays. either wait for the phone to arrive in india and buy it then. or get a unit from abroad and try to unlock it. it might or might not land in india in the near future. and god knows how LG would price it around here. i guess i would stick with nexus s. raw power is always nice. but staying with android 2.2 for months when it has already been launched is just plain frustrating. of course, the HD quality videos is nice. 8 megapixel camera is also nice. duh. you gain some. you lose some.

yes more so i believe it depends on availability,because if someone planning to buy a phone this christmas eve and in android platform then u bet Nexus S is the only choice,but if u already N1,Desire or Galaxy S better to stick with it only

Thats a nice spec and phone. Now i am confused whether to buy Samsung Galaxy S or wait for this phone....

Both Samsung & LG always bring their latest smartphones pretty fast in india{unlike HTC & Apple},i believe u have to wait till Februry 2011 for it to come in India{& other countries also including US},if u can wait for 2 months than not only this LG but u can find atleast 2-3 more such devices from different manufacturers.
U can almost bet that Samsung themselves will bring a dual core device very soon.

decisions! i am still betting on nexus s... selling my n1 for around 15K. so would be paying around 10K for the Nexus S.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

another small thing. it is not very clear how the battery life would be on a dual core processor. android devices already have terrible battery life.

from what i heard, android 2.3 and 3.0 are adding features optimized for dual core processors. they are shifting to ext4 for example.

dual core processors should improve battery life in the future i believe. but for now, on an unoptimized builds (2.1 and 2.2) they would probably consume more battery life. :P

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

A 4-inch WVGA display is along for the ride along with 8GB of on-board storage (expandable with up to 32GB of microSD) and a 1,500mAh battery -- no larger than most single-core smartphones these days, so it'll be interesting to see if the final retail units hold up through a day of typical use.

from the article.

can anyone tell me how this WVGA display compares with the Super AMOLED displays used by Samsung? :|

Question: IS the LG optimus 2x eligible for a android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich software upgrade?

Dear Anant, We will not be introducing Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich updates on LG Optimus 2X P990. Keep watching this space for further updates.

FU LG!

Back