• Views Views 2,094

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
https://broadband.forum/lg-offer-lte-tdd-smartphones-target-markets-44381/
I wonder if this would finally allow LTE on Airtel/Reliance networks in India?
Long Term Evolution Time Division Duplexing (LTE TDD) service at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013, LG Electronics (LG) will today commence the worldwide rollout of LTE TDD capable smartphones. Starting in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with its flagship Optimus G smartphone on the Saudi Telecom Company (STC) network, LG will introduce LTE TDD devices this year in China, India, North America, Japan and Australia with additional countries to follow.

If Airtel/Reliance wanted to offer LTE on their voice networks, they would find suitable partners to launch with. I think, once they start offering such a feature on their networks, manufacturers would enter the market with their handset offerings...instead of the other way around. That said, if LG is looking to launch in India, they might know of some upcoming plans by some network :)

Yeah. Coz from what I have read, Reliance is planning to use VoIP for calling on their network.

I already have a LTE capable phone..i dont know what to do with it as bands are yet to be fully utilized.
Idont think launching devices before service is a smart move!! :/

Back