Lifestyle Silver Pack

• Thread starter Thread starter glycerine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,417

glycerine

ISP
MTNL Triband
Ok guys, Tell me one thing. Tata Sky is launching the new Sports Platinum pack which has ESPN, Star Sports and Star Cricket because of the dispute between ESPN Software and Tata Sky. Right? Please refer to the following thread:

https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth/28468-espn-offer-tata-sky-not-permissible-tdsat/

Then why are they also launching the Lifestyle Silver pack that has BBC World, BBC Entertainment and Ceebees. Is it that Tata Sky is also having disputes with the BBC Corporation? I really don't understand what is the need of the Lifestyle Silver pack?

Money. And its not launching the Sports Platinum pack because of the ESPN dispute - ESPN would lose that way. From what I have understood, ESPN wants all three channels in the base pack - forcing EVERY customer to pay for all the channels, whether they want it or not. Tata Sky wants to put the sports channels in a separate pack and reduce the price of the base pack. One way it is good for customers. But 75 bucks per month is highway robbery if it does not reduce the base pack rate by an equivalent amount.

its sad that dth provider has the ability to ask for individual channel but not the end user.

Not only that, but ESPN is owned by Star group and so is Tata Sky, why cant they settle internally? Why are they wasting courts time. Sometimes I feel like, this case was created purposely to achieve something, which I still do not know though and not sure. But somethings sounds fishy to me.

If the base packs are reduced by Rs.75/- then it will not be a problem, but what everyones feels is that the price of the base packs will drop by just Rs. 25/- Im getting more and more frustrated with Tata Sky as each day passes by. And most of all I hate the idea of the Lifestyle Silver pack. :mad:

Not only that, but ESPN is owned by Star group and so is Tata Sky, why cant they settle internally? Why are they wasting courts time. Sometimes I feel like, this case was created purposely to achieve something, which I still do not know though and not sure. But somethings sounds fishy to me.

I totally agree with u ... They r just creating this stuff to increase the rates ... Dono milke khichdi paka rahe hain .. :P

I totally agree with u ... They r just creating this stuff to increase the rates ... Dono milke khichdi paka rahe hain .. :P

hey ya may be dono khichdi paka rahe hain....but den why is dat there is no problem arising wid dishtv(dat too dishtv is rival of star in every way...1) in television channels mainly GECs where they r paka rivals 2)now even in dth segment zee nd star 2sepate worlds)...but still no problem wid DISHTV regdn these channels surprisin.... but very confusing..:confused:

ESPN is original company from USA owned by DISNEY group. (ESPN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) its only in India/Asia that ESPN & STAR have tie up for sports content and managed by seperate independent company ESPN STAR SPORTS (ESS).
Therefore ESS had broadcast deal with DISHTV long back before STAR channels were available on DISHTV

Back