Linksys Wag200g configuration

I don't have a mtnl modem...... my Linksys is a modem+wireless router......

my wireless interface is unable to recognize the wireless network of the router.....

here is the screenshot

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7247/probimg4yh3.jpg

plzz reply friends

I encountered this error while setting up a new network.....

does this mean that my wifi network hardware is unplugged ?

I use a wifi enabled laptop, and have never open the laptop to do anything. How can the hardware be unplugged ? Wifi was working fine few days back !!

/members/dark_horizon/
Go to Device manager. If there is a yellow mark the WIreless LAN card is having problem.
May be it is not enabled now.
use a wifi enabled laptop, and have never open the laptop to do anything
Wifi was working fine few days back !!
which was the Wifi router/ you used ?
Contradicting information.

Para two :
Your modem/wifi/router is a wireless transmitter/receiver ( As base station of Cordless Phones ).
Your Desktop or laptop must have a /tx/receiver ( like cordless phone ) to exchanfge the data.
Presume the LAN connected computer is a Desktop. ( without a wireless Lan card )

I mean, i use a wifi enabled laptop, but have never opened the laptop from the back, so there is no chance of wifi card getting unplugged....

last time i used wifi was in my wifi enabled college. Not sure about the router over there.

Just filled the ip and subent mask values and wifi was workin fine in my coll.....

I opened wireless configuration utility, and found that my laptop has already detected my router.....

now while running the Linksys setup, i get the following error... for a sec my wireless lan connection blips - "limited or no connectivity" and then that message disappears and no networks are available......

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/39/probimg3pv1.jpg

One more strange thing is that my wireless configuration utility detects my router only when i keep the bluetooth of my laptop on......

if i disable the bluetooth, my router is not detected.......

ok.. your wifi is enabled.. the reason you couldnt see it in that wifi list in post no 11 was because Linksys software took over that job .. so you are getting connected i guess.. once you get connected with limited connectivity.. go to the command prompt and type ipconfig and post output here..after you are successfully linked up with your router.. you can proceed trying to connect to the internet

The limited connectivity pops up for just half a sec....... and then it says no networks available.......

Ne solution ?

What the hell is this ? I cant understand it....

Also i get "request timed out" when i try to ping my 192.168.1.1 and even for google.com

Back