Live-in relationships getting equal status as Marriages in India

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 6,831
lol. sadly, you cannot avoid marriage hassles by going for a live-in relationship now. :D

Even with the (intended) good meaning, I cannot understand the judgement. The reason people would live together without marrying etc. is to avoid the hassle(s) of marriage/divorce etc. It has the consent of both parties, if they both know this won't be treated as a marriage, then why does the court want to impose this on them.
Imagine if a girl and a boy are room mates, not in a live in relationship. One day the Girl decides to sue the boy claiming marriage benefits etc. saying they were in a live in relationship. Good luck disproving that.

Because of the abla bhartiya naari. She should always have the rights to f**k up the life of the partner... Married or not.

Btw just go through it again. They are not imposing it on you. You will still need to get a declaration to term your live-in (sexual) relationship as marriage. You will need to submit documentary evidence of having a sexual relationship. This is where the law stumps me. But yes it makes clear that they are not imposing it on you.

What the hell?If you want legal rights then get married(aka register it with the state). Live-in relation rights MY FOOT!! get your ass to family court and fill out the form lazy morons.This countrys constitution sinks deeper and deeper into the gutter. These idiots make stupid laws and expect people to follow it? Nobody follows sane laws in india let alone insane laws.

I think the judge was specifically talking about the case and saying that rituals do not "create" a marriage. I guess he just made a little mistake by saying sex did.

Back