Looking for a Branded but Economical Desk Top PC -- Suggestions Please

• Thread starter Thread starter GABRIEL36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,354
i would also vote for the Dell if you dont mind ordering online and getting it shipped.if you need to look and touch before buying, get an HP after checking it out in a store :)

Dear Friends,

Many Thanks for all of your Recommendations. Presently, I have an assembled LG which i bought in 2005 and has been causing me a ton of problems.

That is why, I am looking forward to or i am positive towards a "Branded Compaq Presario PC".

I am looking for a Compaq Presario PC with Windows XP preferably -- Will that be a problem ??

I am looking for something like this with Windows XP :

Compaq Presario SR5100 PC series overview - HP Home & Home Office products

I am not familiar with Windows Vista at all.

My Budget is anywhere from 19,000- 25,000 for a Branded PC.

I have been having problems after problems with my assembled PC.

Regards and Thanks to all of your suggestions.

P.S. -- which is the best of all the PC's in India Compaq Presario, HP, IBM, etc.

BTW, a friend who ordered from Dell online got a defective Laptop which was not hers that she had ordered -- it was someone else's order from their manufacturing unit in Chennai.

Umm, ok so I have to buy a branded PC for a relative. He insists on branded one.Another reason I am not insisting for assembled is if its assembled and some parts goes bad then I will have to do hard work of replacing it.So any recommendations? Budget 30-45k. Cheaper wud be preferred but not with outdated config.3 year warranty wud be preferred but 1 yr wud do too. (shud be onsite warranty and on all parts)Onsite visit shud be within a day or two i.e immediatePlease suggest a brand based on ur experience.

Now what is this "return to bench" thing?

----------

ok got it, if any part is faulty and cant be repaird on site.. they will take that part and return repaired one. So just a new name for old type of warranty.

Why not got for a Desktop All-in-One?

Umm.. well All-in-one are not easy to repair on ur own once the warranty period expires. You continue to depend on vendor

Back