Looks like MTNL server down and out

• Thread starter Thread starter stuge
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 8,827
downloading at 3kbps.. i feel like kicking that a$$ho|e who is behind all this.. is this what we are paying for.. this SOB wont do anything good. they can simply go on strike with 'hamari salary bada do..'

@^^^dude!! r u using open dns since those crappy Dns servers from MTNL might not be working well

Dost, 1. I am not using open dns.. and would like to know how to use it. shall i change the dns in router config or what.. 2. does changing dns help improve 'download speed'. 3. today i can see that browsing is little bit ok but my file download speed are restricted to 7kbps. They start at 150kbps but within 5 sec come down to 5-7. anyways still would like to know how to use open dns.

1. I am not using open dns.. and would like to know how to use it. shall i change the dns in router config or what..

Follow the below steps for changing to open Dns.go to Control panel and then open the"network connections"..right click "local area connection" and select "properties" and the double click "internet protocol(tcp/ip)"...now u have to edit the DNS servers there. click "use the following DNS server address"

In preferred DNS server enter 208.67.222.220
In Alternate DNS server enter 208.67.220.220

Now click OK and restart ur computer and u r done..u r on Open DNS...there is no need to change anything in router.

2. does changing dns help improve 'download speed'.

Yes it wud improve ur download speed...check ur speed after u have started using Open DNS

3. today i can see that browsing is little bit ok but my file download speed are restricted to 7kbps. They start at 150kbps but within 5 sec come down to 5-7.

U didnt mention the details about ur plan...which plan u r in??and yes speeds of 5-7 is too less in any plan...

Dost,

1. I am not using open dns.. and would like to know how to use it. shall i change the dns in router config or what..

2. does changing dns help improve 'download speed'.

3. today i can see that browsing is little bit ok but my file download speed are restricted to 7kbps. They start at 150kbps but within 5 sec come down to 5-7.

anyways still would like to know how to use open dns.

I am also seeing very low download speeds for past 2-3 days but it has nothing to do with DNS. Changing to OpenDNS MAY increase the response time when you click a link on a webpage but it will have absolutely ZERO effect on the download speeds. DNS has no role to play once a download starts.

Regards,
Akash

Regarding using open dns.. let me change and check. However I will also check changing the router dns and see if that makes a diff. As for the plan I am using its NU . So should get upto 2mbps.. at least not 5-7 KBps Update--- OK I checked that. No improvement.. Infact I felt that browsing became tad slow after changes. As for downloads it was same - 5-7KBps.. Already raised a complaint with MTNL call center.. but we all know it all falls in deaf ears.. Is there any contact number for Kidwai bhawan where I can call???

Right now connection is little slower than usual:(all the sites are taking too much of time to load .

yes yes, sites r loading a little slowly...but download speeds r fine..getting constant 225kbps(28KBps)..well, till some time back i was using those mtnl dns servers and they seemed to be a little faster than open Dns....right now am on open Dns and i feel sites r loading slowly

@motorazer and mk 76..changing DNS will not improve download speed..consistent slow speeds are due to server probs or bandwidth/routing issues with MTNL's upstream bandwidth provider.

Back