Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
BSFUIU9.png

Not sure if this is new.

Paytm has messed up on place though. They are using mobile numbers for transaction which means that people have to share their numbers to get paid. They should have used a @ system like Telegram so that businesses/people can create a username for themselves and use that to get paid. Just imagine sharing your personal mobile number with 100s of customers that come to your retail store. I mean sure you can use a second number just for such transactions but you would need to buy a separate phone (dual sim devices can save you some hassle there I guess) and maintain that account properly.

Money can be sent to e-mail ID too, I Have used it many times.

well yeah. email addresses also work. but they are also long and complicated for some people. i was more talking about using shop's name with app offering auto-complete to make it easy. QR codes make it easy at retail outlets though. but sending money using email or phone always has the issue of typo sending the money to some place else.

what i was trying to say is that Paytm is a major player in mobile payments market. they should have launched their own identification platform too. send money to @sushubh for example... works well for twitter, telegram and tons of other platforms.

hmmmm,

They also have the QR Code (AKA Paytm Code) based thing to let you send the money, its easier than typing a long e-mail ID or a phone number which can have a single digit mistake and money lost.

You cannot speak QR Code :) Or share it in a text message.

I use Paytm at my local Costa outlet. Dude enters my cell number in his system and I need to enter the OTP in their terminal. So, I'm not really sure if the seller's number is needed.

Oh, and for some reason, I never lost the wallet functionality in the first place.

Giving your number is worse. Though I guess you already leak your number when you send funds to the seller. :\

also i am pretty sure wallet functionality was removed from the app few months ago! they required you to install the separate wallet app to make use of that!

It was I think. But added soon afterwards I guess. There is still a huge difference, You would need to install the Wallet app if you want to send funds via someone's email id. The main Paytm app can only send funds via the mobile number. Remember the incident with netflix account? :P

Back