Losing connection every few minutes some days

• Thread starter Thread starter dishboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 13,112
Same here, even i am facing the exact problem. in utter desperation i tried to change some setting, can you show what have you enter under interface setup-ipaddress-etc, stupidly i changed that..thanks.

I am on bridge mode..using G.Dmt as ADSL mode. rest is modem default (i.e. IP =192.168.1.1)

Cant use FF 4 for IBF entire layout of site is a mess. AND when I type my password its visible :huh::wall: Currently using Chrome to post this :) Had noticed that in the last few days accessing this site thru FF 4 was a test of patience

Off-Topic

Strange! The Layout of IBF looks complex in Firefox, Google Chrome, Looks Proper in Opera, Is it because the operamaniac has adjusted as per Opera :D

I posted a complaint. The MTNL lineman & other guys came. But obviously the problem didn't happen when he was there. He tweaked some settings in the modem & said that the problem won't happen now. But problem started again next day. Again posted a complaint. Again the guy came. He then reset the modem to factory settings & said problem won't happen again. Again problem started again.What option do I have now other than terminating the MTNL connection & going with a different vendor.
i had a similar disconnection problem. i went and talked to the DGM of broadband dept since those idiot engineers/lineman cudn't help me out. the problem mostly lies with the red main box that is present on the road. if ur line is connected to a old/crappy phone switch in the box then u will have to get them to put ur line on another switch which is newer. dats wat the dgm ordered them to do. that solved my problem. even the linesman admitted later on that my connection was on crappy switch.

I disconnected the MTNL provided modem & used an old BSNL Huawei Dataone modem. For the last 4 days haven't faced a single disconnection. Can I get MTNL to refund me the 600Rs I paid for the modem?

^ I don't think you can. The charges are one-time CPE charges and are not a deposit.Your option is to tell them that the modem is faulty because it works well with a friend's modem. They are bound to replace it.

I disconnected the MTNL provided modem & used an old BSNL Huawei Dataone modem. For the last 4 days haven't faced a single disconnection. Can I get MTNL to refund me the 600Rs I paid for the modem?

Congrats so you got it working. Nope That was a one time installation fee & not refundable.
BTW Was any of the posts in this forum helpful in getting the BSNL modem running. :) If I remember correctly essbebe & I had given you some inputs

yes get it replaced.. its free. i had got wifi modem replaced once..but they gave me replacement after 2 months! that too after 2-3 visits to exchange! u r lucky, u have spare modem.

Back