lowest latency internet provider

• Thread starter Thread starter f0r3he4d
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,092
ISP
BSNL Fiber-AS9829
title says it all. i am using some trash lco isp
and looking to switch. which would be the lowest latency. speed is not a big deal only the latency to eu and asia is.

I'm not sure what you're getting at but starting a thread like a definitive title statement under JioFiber is a very misleading way to ask for opinions on lSP recommendations.

For starters the factor of latency is quite sensitive and will depend from location to location so you'd definitely would need to do some scouting from providers in your area and you should also use the ripe atlas console.
Make sure the connection is you are getting is completely fiber upto the last mile that is your ONU device.
Latencies will usually be in this range from the following providers to EU from Mumbai Sea Cable.
Tata - ~200ms
Airtel - ~165ms
Sri Lankan Tel - ~220ms
Jio Sng - ~130ms
Sify - ~180ms

Tata while latencies are high, it is a more stable network since it's a Tier 1 ISP it has more control over it's internet routes.

I am using Alliance BB currently from Kolkata and before the submarine cable cut, I used to get 135-140ms to 77.111.250.231(Nvidia Geforce NOW EU Paris server) which is far better than any other operator in Kolkata. But currently due to fiber cut, I am getting around 250ms.
P.S.- I live in Kolkata and the latency to Mumbai is around 35ms. So deduct 35ms if you live in Mumbai which is around 100-110ms. Also, the fiber cut issue is going on for too long, and I don't know how long will it take to fix the bloody issue.
Edit: In my opinion, never take JioFiber for gaming. Latencies from their end may be great, but in my experience, latencies from your home to their backend may vary from 5ms(in Tier 1 cities) to 20ms(in Tier 2-3 towns).

Yea, there has not been a direction connection to EU in a very long time, it all goes down from Singapore now, which adds a latency of atleast 65ms.

For starters the factor of latency is quite sensitive and will depend from location to location so you'd definitely would need to do some scouting from providers in your area and you should also use the ripe atlas console.
Make sure the connection is you are getting is completely fiber upto the last mile that is your ONU device.
Latencies will usually be in this range from the following providers to EU from Mumbai Sea Cable.
Tata - ~200ms
Airtel - ~165ms
Sri Lankan Tel - ~220ms
Jio Sng - ~130ms
Sify - ~180ms

Tata while latencies are high, it is a more stable network since it's a Tier 1 ISP it has more control over it's internet routes.
jio has better latency than airtel?

Atleast for Mumbai region, yes. @f0r3he4d
Do note that, the latencies I have provided above is from Mumbai to Amsterdam and not Marseille nor London.

Back