Lyf Smartphones Slow Charging Problem

^^ So that is what we are doing. I have that USB device to measure the current amps. Changing starts at 700 mA but above 80%, it drops to 100 mA.

Even my friend's Wind 1 has not received even a single update and is still on factory version with build from September 2015.

I guess they are least bothered to update these decices

I agree with you. I only bought LYF smartphone to use UNLIMITED Jio offer. I know LYF smartphones are of inferior built and specs. But lets hope LYF listens to its consumers.

Have anyone noticed, flame 1 gets automatically updated to newest firmware, even if I disable wireless update app.
Can anyone tell me how can I stop phone from being updated.
BTW, I scolded a lot to customer care representative of lyf care, about battery charging issue, he said new update will come soon. But he don't know when.

@Asad iqbal what is the point scolding a Customer care represent of LYF ?

They are humana like us, employed at LFY. I feel we must respect them.

Yea,there's no point in shouting at them.they get paid to give diplomatic answers to people.

@Asad iqbal
As everyone said, no need to shout at people. I gave Flame 1 to service center and he downgraded the software to old version.

Rather than releasing a new firmware for Flame 1, LYF is pumping out non-differentiated variants of Flame. Typical generic OEM behavior

@RedskyITMAt first he said that the image is downloaded from the net. Then he goes on to say that right now he has clear instructions not to share the restore image. Even if he shares the image, we still need the tool to flash the image back.

My friend got Water 1 and even that phone is so sucky. I am using it (Water1) since last 2 days and here are my observations.
1) The SOC and hardware config is same as Motorola X Play
2) Motorola is butter smooth but this one is stutter$hit. Opening the App drawer is not smooth and there is visible dropping of frames.
3) In phone app, when you press the dialer button at bottom center, the animation stutters but closing animation is smooth.
4) It drops charge on usage like crazy.
5) Charging is acceptable with charge current reaching 1400 mA on 2400 mA charger.
6) There is general lag and stutter throughout the OS.

These UI behaviors are exactly the same on my old Micromax Canvas A99. Pretty sure the same team in China is responsible for updates. I was wondering are we Indians that stupid that we cannot design our own updates?

@d5aqoëp How did you measure charge current reaching 1400 mA on 2400 mA charger?

I used get the details till I owned Samsung phones with Galaxy Charging Current app. I don't get that type of data through Ampere app on other phones.

Back