Mach1 500mbps review

• Thread starter Thread starter markiv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,637
ISP
mach1, Airtel Fiber, I-on, vovinet, hathway, mtnl
I recently took 500mbps plan for 180 days @3533. On fast it shows 150mbps to 300mbps, on speedtest it shows between 400mbps to 500mbps (Indian servers) and 200mbps to 250mbps on international servers. Without FUP

It has been quite some time now using this ISP, there are no reliability issues as such. Downtime is rare and comparable with Class A providers. Static IP fee is 1770 a year

Been using Mach1 for nearly a year now. Currently on the 300Mbps plan. This is so much better than Airtel or Jio.
Have had zero downtime in the past year. The PPPoE connection disconnected around 2-3 times, but was back within seconds

Yes thinking of taking 500mbps with static ip when my renewal is due in November @7770 for a year approximately 650 per month after GST and static IP. Far cheaper than Airtel or Jio with similar kind of reliability

I just checked with the service provider, they are capable of doing 2gbps plan but no one is asking and also not sure what kind of router they will be providing to support that kind of speed. I think there will be broadband revolution this decade and previous decade was for mobile services.

There was a massive shift in 2013-2015ish when ISPs like Excitel and Act started providing high speed internet because of Internet Exchanges making it cheaper.

I think next "revolution" should be to make all bandwidth cheaper. 3.3TB cap is terrible if you are on a 2Gbps plan (not taking about mach1).

And unfortunately in mobile space, the higher data cap change came at the cost of creating an oligopoly.

Last edited:
I don’t mind seeing 2gbps plans for the price of 1 Gbps ones. That’s the max of GPON Tech. To move beyond, they need to upgrade their OLTs and backhaul to support XGSPON. Maybe only Top-Tier ISPs will do that

Back