Making UPI Payments using Amazon Pay Balance!

Did you know about this lol?

• Total voters
There is only monthly spend limit of ₹1 Lakh for full KYC users and ₹10000 for those without KYC. There is a ₹5000 limit for the first 24 hours. And yes, no pin.

This got rolled out gradually since July last year. Works fo making payment to both merchant UPI and personal UPI. Only the money part is eligible for UPI, any gift card/voucher/cashback is not eligible. There are 2 UPI handles. mobileno@amazonpay is for amazonpay money part and can be used without PIN. mobileno@apl/<customised>@apl is linked to bank acct and will require regular UPI PIN of the account. Money can be sent from other UPI apps directly to amazonpay balance using mobileno@amazonpay handle. No PIN is required but 2FA code will be required to open the app, if activated. Initially it was rolled out only to full KYC Amazon accounts. Now I think they have extended to mini-KYC also. This is good for small payments.
Similar wallet linked UPI is also provided by ICICI Pockets.

@Sushubh Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) can be activated from settings. Once activated, it requires SMS code or authenticator code for any login except for devices marked as exempted.

that is for Amazon account. i have that configured. but if your app is signed in, it has no internal option for some kind of authentication before you can access the app. i am certainly not going to logout just to keep the Amazon Pay balance safe 😛

You can set app password from your OS?
Also the limit of 1L does not include cashback or GVs.

Did you guys do KYC (ID based) to enable @amazonpay upi to send money to other upi handles ?
Or it works for mini kyc too in which there's 10k monthly limit?

Iirc, mini kyc users can only make merchant payments. They cannot transfer funds to another person/bank account.

Back