• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,170

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Marathi Cinema has gone through various changing phase. From Village based stories in 60s/70s to comedy wave in 80s/90s. But at the end of 90s the Marathi cinema was completely struggling for its identity having competition from bollywood, Theatre and growing TV channels.
But after entry of new minded producers and directors, the cinema has entered another phase of change. First the nomination of 'Shwaas' (Breath) for India's entry to Oscars gave recognition. Then many old and new producers started looking and making Marathi movies with new view. Gone are days when movies quality was so dull that anybody hardly willing to watch. Now movies are produced with excellent video and sound. Many new topics are approached. Movies 'Tingya', 'Valu', 'De Dhakka' though being from rural background were well received by urban audience. At the same time movies which could attract youth and urban population are being produced. ZEE became 1st corporate to enter movie production along with launch of movie channel in Marathi. Now many popular production house like Mukta Arts, ABCL, BIG Entertainment, are willing to invest in Marathi movies.
I personally seen so many Marathi movies in 1 year that I haven't seen in last 5-6 years. Hope this golden period continues and we get more good & quality movies in Marathi too.
For latest on Marathi Movies - Marathi Movies Portal -leading portal of Marathi cinema, latest news, events reviews, previews, Marathi song lyrics, Marathi Actor's Interviews, new releases, Marathi Actress wallpapers, Movie games, Marathi jokes, Talent Buzz...everything about Mara
Reference - Marathi cinema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I too realize that movies like Shwaas, Tingya & Valu are attracting people and making them think of the marathi industry.

Hi SVKHow about some movies of Amol Palekar. You could tell us more about them if you have seen them.

Hi SVK
How about some movies of Amol Palekar. You could tell us more about them if you have seen them.
About Amol Palekar's movies, he mostly makes Art type movies. I don't think he has produced any commercial hit movies in Marathi.
Are you referring Anahat (Anahat (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and Dhyaas Parva (Dhyaas Parva - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) by Palekar? Those were Art films* which were critically acclaimed and also got some awards.

* Art Film - Which gets many awards, but commercially mostly unsuccesful and public/masses hardly watch it (neither me :whistle:)

BTW if you (or anybody) interested in his films can write about it.

Get ready to see King Khan Shah Rukh in a Marathi flick!
For all those die hard fans of Bollywood’s original King Khan, Shah Rukh is all set to grace Marathi cinema with his stellar performance in a Marathi flick.
According to the latest Bollywood grapevine, a few political parties wish to perk up the Marathi cinema – much like the glamorous and glitzy Bollywood.
News has it that such political parties are also eyeing a Filmfare-like award ceremony. Given the massive fan following of Shah Rukh, it is widely believed that Marathi cinema would certainly draw mileage and benefit from mainstream popularity.
It is believed that Shah Rukh will not charge a single penny for his generous act - all set for the cause of Marathi cinema. Also, Marathi stars hailing from Bollywood such as Makrand Deshpande and Nana Patekar will be asked to contribute for the cause of Marathi cinema.
Watch out Shah Rukh jiving to the beats of a Marathi flick! :happy:

I've seen Sairat. It's a nice movie. I'm sure this will be remade in other languages like how Malayalam movie Dhrishyam was remade.

Back