balajik

Regular
ISP
AIRTEL
UgMdAVF.webp

Breaking News: ABC has ordered a pilot for a new live-action series based on the fictional peacekeeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D., with Joss Whedon set to write and potentially direct. The "Avengers" director will pen the script with brother Jed Whedon and sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen, both of whom did uncredited work on the "Avengers" screenplay, in addition to earlier collaborations. Production is slated to begin immediately.

Headed by Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D. (or the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) is a covert military organization that deals with superhuman threats to world security. It was featured heavily, of course, in Whedon's blockbuster film "The Avengers" earlier this summer. The plot saw Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) recruiting the titular superhero team to stop Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) adoptive brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) from subjugating Earth.

Whedon's last stab at series television was the short-lived Fox series "Dollhouse," which was cancelled after two seasons. He previously created "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Firefly."

Last edited by a moderator:
They already have plans for Hulk series. So they maybe trying to focus on other lesser known characters like Hawkeye & Black Widow. But then again we have another series Arrow which has more or less same skill like Hawkeye. Either ways I think revenue might not match the budget they may put into this one. So it may turn into a single season "Firefly" :p

Hawkeye and Green Arrow have similar traits but Arrow is DC comics while Avengers is Marvel. In fact, Green Arrow was originally created as an archery-themed Batman character.We will have to wait and see when more details come out. I read somewhere that Joss Whedon will mostly lend his name while the showrunners will be his brother Jed Whedon and sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen,

I agree they are from different establishments altogether. Still skeptical cause similar powers may lead to monotony.& maybe they will spin the show from movie's alternate opening / deleted scenes.. That infighting & all :D

“S.H.I.E.L.D.” will begin shooting mid-January, 2013 in Los Angeles.

The Walt Disney Company’s Marvel Television division of Marvel Entertainment is currently in pre-production for a new television series pilot titled “S.H.I.E.L.D.” for ABC. Casting directors in Los Angeles and New York are holding auditions for series regulars, recurring roles, and guest starring roles. The show’s extras will be cast throughout the season, which begins shooting in Los Angeles mid-January, 2012. “S.H.I.E.L.D.” will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sharing constancy with the films in that franchise.

Academy Award winner Joss Whedon will direct the pilot episode from a teleplay written by himself, brother Jed Whedon and sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen. Joss Whedon directed and co-wrote the Marvel Studios feature films “Thor” and “The Avengers,” served as consultant on “Captain America: The First Avenger,” and is also going to direct “The Avengers 2″. Jed Whedon and his wife Maurissa Tancharoen worked together on “The Avengers,” and they will be showrunners/executive producers on “S.H.I.E.L.D.” with Jeffrey Bell if it is picked up to series by ABC. Jeph Loeb, Marvel Television Executive Vice President Head of Television, will also executive produce.

“S.H.I.E.L.D.” will be independent from “The Avengers” film, and people who haven’t seen the Marvel movies can jump right in and understand the storylines. There will generally be new characters and agents who are not superheroes, and even though they are a large organization, they will be underdogs since they still exist in that superhero universe. Clark Gregg is playing Agent Phil Coulson, the same role he has played in “Iron Man I & II,” “Thor,” and “The Avengers”. The series will center on his character. Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Ming-Na Wen has been cast as as Agent Melinda May, an ace pilot and weapons expert.

'S.H.I.E.L.D.' TV show filming start date leaked

The Joss Whedon drama based on the Marvel Comics property has landed a series order at the Disney-owned network, ABC announced Friday.
The ABC Studios project is based on Marvel Comics' secret intelligence organization that has appeared in countless titles, including Iron Man, Captain America and The Ultimates, since being introduced in the 1960s. The military law-enforcement agency's moniker stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistic Directorate, which also has evolved over time in the comics.
ER's Ming-Na stars as Agent Melinda May, The Avengers' Clark Gregg reprises his role as Agent Phil Coulson, Killing Lincoln's Brett Dalton is set as gruff rising star Agent Grant Ward, Elizabeth Henstridge as science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons and Iain DeCaestecker as tech guru Agent Leo Fitz, with Nashville's Chloe Bennet set as Skye, a superhero-obsessed woman.
http://www.readability.com/articles/lftbizeg

I am happy to see that Agent Phil Coulson lives on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back