mobile broadband advice

• Thread starter Thread starter jaydee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,981

jaydee

ISP
o2
Hi all. Im a newbi to this site, hope somebody can help me. Im visting India in april for a few weeks. Ill be spending most of my time in Jalandar Punjab. What can i buy/rent to get internet access. I dont have a landline phone. Iv got my laptop and would like to use some sort of mobile broadband. Im only there for three weeks. Could somebody recommend a good provided, and costs involved. Cheaper the better.

mobile broadband... for 3 weeks... going to be a costly and frustrating deal. you can check out the usb based solutions from reliance or tata indicom or just go for a wired connection with a wifi router. both would require some sort of an address proof and both would cost around the same for a month.

what options do i have, if i dont have address proof. Im just looking to rent a usb modem for a few weeks. Which is the best provider to go with for signal quality in Jalander?

you are unlikely to get any sort of connectivity here in india without any form of address proof. you might want to take help from a relative or a friend living in this area.

ok, iv just got my Huawei e160g mobile broadband usb stick unlocked. So now i should be able to use it in india. So what service provider do i get with for the best connection in jalandar. How do i purchase a sim card with credit on it to access the internet. Do i ask for a data card package or just a normal talk package.

ok, iv just got my Huawei e160g mobile broadband usb stick unlocked. So now i should be able to use it in india.

So what service provider do i get with for the best connection in jalandar. How do i purchase a sim card with credit on it to access the internet. Do i ask for a data card package or just a normal talk package.

Data cards here in india are locked to their own isp's so even if you have a unlocked device it won't help much here....

Back