Modem and Router combination

ISP
None
I was using TP-Link WR740N router till recently for BBNL Broadband connection. The services turned out be hopeless. Now planning to try BSNL service, can somebody suggest

> if I can buy a modem to match with router
> should I buy a new modem+router combination
> Built in 2in1 modem-router

Pls suggest best of the options considering the technical aspect and budget.

Planning to opt for home combo plan 999 - 4mbps and 8 GB

TD 8817. You can connect it to the WR740N

Thanks for the response.
I was looking through the online sources for TD 8817., it seems to be a ADSL modem with router. Am I right in understanding?
Is there any just modem standalone device that can serve my purpose. The idea was to make use of the wifi router that I own.
I would not like to compromise on broadband quality, if the experts suggest that I should go for built in modem with wifi router that also fine.
I do not have a thorough knowledge in this area please bear with me if you find something bit stupid and obvious thing

TD 8817 is a modem. It doesn't have WiFi. Modem with Ethernet output will still be called a router, but that is exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks for the guidance.
Now facing some problem in procurement, it does not seem to be available in Flipkart, Amazon, snap deal, infibeam etc. I see it available @ 900/- + on IPmart, any clue on the vendor. Just in case somebody has experience with this supplier?

Back