• Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 23,315

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So, I am sick and tired of the piece of shite modem that BSNL gave me. Manu suggested I should get something of my own.
I have a Buffalo Wireless Router so just a modem would suffice. Though I would not mind getting a combo device provided it has similar or better wireless coverage.
The Buffalo router works fine except for one room that is at the opposite far side of the house one floor above. So, it would be nice if that coverage problem can be solved as well?
That sad... My router is Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH. I am not sure if it can be made to work as a modem? Just saying.

chromaniac said:
Modem to ghar pahuch gaya. Configure kaun karwayega?
if i get train tickets, I'll come
however teamviewer should be handy for anyone you can give RDS permission :playful:
I am sure you would not call BSNL for Help.......

Upvote 0
I doubt bsnl would support third party modems :- And how would teamviewer work with modem not functional :-

Upvote 0
chromaniac said:
I doubt bsnl would support third party modems :-And how would teamviewer work with modem not functional :-
I was thinking you can get connected to internet using any 3G modem or phone tether, and connect the new one
to your comp using the short lan cable.
once this is connected anyone who can handle BSNL config can login using team-viewer and access 192.168.1.1 and save the
required settings and then you can reboot the modem and try connecting thru it.

Upvote 0
iChaitanya said:
It's time. It's about time to order this TP-Link. Any issues while using this one with BSNL?
Cannot think of anything. I still have to restart the modem several times a day because BSNL pings get utterly horrible on a random basis. My SNR value keeps on dancing up and down. The web interface loads ultra fast which is good. And it does not make noise which is also cool.

Upvote 0

Back