More HD channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter ind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12,405
I dont think airtel diminshes the quality of sd broadcast, though I agree their portal is a pain.

Thanks guys.I'm sticking to tata then.

Tata Sky subscriber since May 2011 with normal STB and now TataSky HD+ (DVR) since 28 Nov 2011, I am really happy with the quality of service, in terms of availibility of normal (non-HD) channels and quick good customer support. Definitely there are only 8 HD channels but really they are superbly high-quality (1920x1080i) and never an upscaled quality. Seems there are some people who mentioned few channels looking bit low I do not agree. All TataSky HD channels are great. I will give one suggestion to all, check if you have good quality LCD TV or not. Have 32"LCD from VideoCon and it rocks on it. My relative have 32" Sony LED and I am sure you will JUMP-OFF-THE-CHAIR to look HD Channels in SONY LED.I hope TataSky will add more HD Channels very soon.....DEAR TATASKY, SURELY WE ARE READY TO PAY FOR MORE HD CHANNELS, WHATS YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT ADDING THEM WHILE OTHERS ARE AHEAD IN HD RACE?C. Mahendra, Mumbai

^^ They don't have any more capacity to add HD channels otherwise they would have had done it long ago.

Latest I heard from a Tata Sky employee - TS will be adding about 80 more HD & Non HD channels by April... it's not a official confirmation, but still may be helpful.

Well 80 HD channels, wud most probably imply upscaled ones. Hardly few wud be true HD. Transmitting 80 True HD channels together is not in the capacity of any of the available DTH providers in India.

Latest I heard from a Tata Sky employee - TS will be adding about 80 more HD & Non HD channels by April... it's not a official confirmation, but still may be helpful.

:shock: 1st post since joining 2 yrs back on IBF. I am fainting :ohmy:

On Topic: Yes , News is partially correct. Even I came to know that TS gonna add 50 + channels . In recent months, their Space crunch problem is going to be solved.

Still waiting for some confirmed proof or source .

U sure 50+ TRUE HD Channels?? Are these many channels even available in India?

Not HD jaymin bhai. They gonna add 50 + channels which will include both SD and HD.Rumors are high that either TS had got space on different satellite or they are going to introduce and use Vertical TP space. Lets wait for some sure shot news. But till that time d2h too will shift to ST2 and we won't have to regret.

Back