• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,253

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Dear Friends,
USB 3.0 pen drives are now available in the market and I am looking for a motherboard with atleast one USB 3.0 port on Flipkart, but I can't not find any. I thought that they are easily available, but that does not seem to be the case. I searched for Gigabyte motherboards with USB 3.0 ports and came across the following site.
http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/102/data/mb-usb3-models.htm#H61
I am a little surprised here as to how come new motherboards do not come with USB 3.0 ports as regularly as I expect. My laptop is 2 years old but it has one USB 3.0 port.
Please share your thoughts on this subject and let me know if there are any affordable (below 4000 rs) Gigabyte motherboards are available.
Thanks a lot.

Look at Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL
It has Two USB 3.0 portsFourteen USB 2.0 ports, six back panel ports and eight additional ports via four internal headers
If you are in Mumbai check out Lamington Road, you are bound to find Gigabyte MoBo's of your requirement there.

I recently made a cheapo machine for an uncle. Cabinet had USB 3 slots and USB 3 cables. I purchased a low end motherboard that had only USB 2 ports. Had to import a cable from China to connect USB 2 ports with USB 3 ports on the Cabinet front. :|So if you are getting a good quality cabinet, do check that it does not use USB 3 cables because you would need a similar adapter like me.

For intel, All mobos with B75/Z77 or B85/Z87 chipsets have usb 3 ports. Yes, USB 3 ports are still not yet much popular on desktop's as it is on laptops.
I personally have a Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H with B75 chipset which has usb 3 ports and was around 4k( probably the cheapest with usb3 ports)

Back