• Thread starter Thread starter emptymt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,669

emptymt

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Subscribed to the HD pack on Airtel and got Nat Geo, Disc and Movies Now HD on.While Movies Now looked good, somehow it felt lacking compared to Nat Geo. There is a vast difference in quality between the two of them.Couple of days back Airtel activated Movies Now SD channel as a free trial for 5 days. Have been flipping back and forth between the SD and HD versions of movies now and to be quite honest I dont find much of a difference (at a viewing distance of 8-10 feet; 42' LCD). Its only when I go upto the screen and stick my nose right up there, that I can see difference in clarity.Also to be noted is the SD version is a 16:9 broadcast. People do not look shorter or fatter. And as you switch between the SD and HD the image in the each frame is exactly the same. Infact often when I am not paying attention I dont even realize whether I am watching the SD or the HD version. The SD broadcast is brilliant and hope other SD channels follow suit.Cant help wonder if the HD channel a 16:9 SD broadcast which is upscaled. There apprently is no HD logo on the channel and it just says Movies Now. There is no -HD suffix.Having said this the library collection of Movies Now sucks big time anyways. All are movies from the nineties; good movies which you most probably have seen a few times over already. And they repeat these movies several times over a week.

Whenever I change to Movies Now I find DieHard2 Running.Do they have any other Movie?Now That Star Movies HD has been Launched no one will watch Movies Now HD.Hopefully all DTH platforms will add it.

Can anyone provide screenshots of Movies Now HD and SD. I have never seen it and am curious! :)

I hope the star hd boquet comes in soon too.sorry but cant post screenshots . . . don't have a decent cam which can actually capture the channel accurately. In fact i think a good screenshot is possible only if you tv is hooked through your pc via a tv tuner card.

I hope the star hd boquet comes in soon too.

sorry but cant post screenshots . . . don't have a decent cam which can actually capture the channel accurately. In fact i think a good screenshot is possible only if you tv is hooked through your pc via a tv tuner card.

Even a mobile camera shot pic would do. I don't expect to see an actual reproduced pic, using a TV tuner card etc.

There are many including myself who have shot pictures of Star HD channels in the Tata Sky HD thread. I used a mobile phone camera :)

I too have similar observations regarding 'MOVIES NOW HD'. First thing, is it real HD, or upscaled?I think its upscaled, as it shows adverts as well, but adverts are shoot not in HD!And about MOVIES NOW SD channel. In Airtel HD, the SD channel looks very bad, compared to other SD channels like Star Movies, HBO or PIX, even logo of channel looks in bad quality.Are the purposely broadcasting SD channel in bad quality?

Back